Here are my current favorites:
Wellness Websites & Blogs:
- http://www.chriskresser.com – Chris is a licensed acupuncturist and functional medicine practitioner in Berkeley, California, and a big name in the Paleo movement. I appreciate his exhaustive scientific research and his open mindedness concerning dietary choices within what can sometimes be an overly restrictive paradigm.
- http://www.balancedbites.com – Diane Sanfilippo is a Holistic Nutritionist and New York Times best selling author of Practical Paleo, and co-hosts the popular Balanced Bites podcast. I use her books The 21-Day Sugar Detox and The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook as reference materials in my RESTART Sugar Detox program. I’m also honored to be a moderator on her Balanced Bites team (http://balancedbites.com/team-moderators).
- http://www.westonaprice.org/ – The Weston A. Price Foundation is an educational organization with the mission of teaching people about the health benefits of a nutrient dense, whole foods diet, and the model upon which my nutritional therapy eduction is based. Nutritional pioneer Weston A. Price traveled the world to determine the optimal diets and commonalities of non-industrialized cultures.
- http://www.mindbodygreen.com – This comprehensive site is chock full of invaluable, up-to-date wellness articles about a myriad of health related topics. I often share information from this site on Nourish Portland’s Facebook page.
- http://www.primalbody-primalmind.com/ – Nora Gedgaudas is a widely known and well respected Nutritional Consultant residing right here in Portland, Oregon. A renowned expert on nutrition, she is particularly knowledgeable about the health risks associated with gluten-sensitivity, and I often refer to Nora’s book and website to gain a deeper understanding of nutrition topics for myself and my clients.
Education & Professional Memberships:
- Your Personal Paleo Code by Chris Kresser.
- Grain Brain by Dr. David Perlmutter
- Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis
- Primal Body, Primal Mind by Nora Gedgaudas
- Cholesterol Clarity by Jimmy Moore
- My Journey Back to Health: Gut Feelings
- Heart Surgeon Speaks Out on What Really Causes Heart Disease
- Is Sugar Toxic?
- Against All Grain by Danielle Walker
- The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook by Diane Sanfilippo
- Make it Paleo and Gather by Haley Mason and Bill Staley
- Nom Nom Paleo by Michelle Tam
- Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon and Mary Enig